Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Personal Commandments & Happiness Manifesto

Naranjo kind of already touched on this on the facebook email this morning but I was planning to make this your first "assignment." Ok I'm not trying to sound like a teacher or make this like homework but...since it was my idea I figured I'd try and facilitate, obviously jump in whenever you have a better idea! Here is what I'm thinking. If everyone could try and read the introduction and chapter 1 by next Friday (April 29) then we could start the project on May 1st! How does that sound? I think you'll have a better idea of what I mean after you read the first couple of chapters.

For now...we can each start working on our Personal Commandments & Happiness Manifesto. The Commandments are basically truths you know about life and yourself - what makes you tick. You will come across these in the getting started part of the book - she had 12 theres obviously not a formula for this so just do whatever works for you, but that will give you a better idea! The Happiness Manifesto is similar to what Amanda was talking about this morning - here are a few examples:

http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/2009/02/check-out-my-happiness-manifesto-brand-new.html

Ok hope this gives everyone something to think about and get started on! I'm so excited to work on my Personal Commandments and see everyone else's!

:) Have a great day!




6 comments:

  1. I just want to say I am super stoked about this!!! Thanks for facilitating Kenny! :) HAppyYY!!! :) i think i might end every post i do with that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Also happy news my friend Katie (who most of you know) just had her 2nd baby tonight - Samuel Jesse Tragis! That makes me very happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, congrats on the baby news Kendra, that is exciting. Isn't new life crazy? I think it's out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to say....I love being in this book club!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so I know I am super late with posting everything but I just wanted to say I am very excited about this too!! And ps naranjo you should definitely end every post with HAPPY!! :)

    ReplyDelete